November 25, 2017, 03:26:14 AM

Author Topic: Ray Mears - Season 1 was the best in my opinion - What happened to the others?  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
Posted by Gandar and moved>

Hey all,

What's your opinion on this?

I really enjoyed how in Season 1, Ray Mears went all around the world and video taped the way culters are staying alive and keeping alive using primitive methods for food, fire and shelter.

I was so excited to watch season 2 but then the whole show completely changed. Instead of showing culters and how they kept things alive they showed reenactments....  In my opinion this took away from bushcraft and was more of a "show" than a documentary.

Then season 3...

That's just my opinion though.  Did anyone else feel the same way?  Or did you hate season 1 and loved the rest...?

Let me know.

(Moderators: I coundn't find a better place for this post. If you can please move it)
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty
If you dont care where you are your never lost
Im a survivor not a victim
Its not who I am but what I do that defines me.

Offline Gandar

• Bushmaster
    • Full Spectrum Survival
Okay all.  Let's hear it.
Run when you have to, fight when you must and rest when you can.

I hope I'm never in a survival situation; I may just like it's simplicity and decide to stay there.

Offline Bravo

• Administrator
  • Bushmaster
  • Mountains are for the soul
    • http://www.wildsurvive.com
I like the Siberian episode. Because I love that region. I hope I will visit that area sometime. And the people there were just how I like them: simple, polite and modest.
"The past is history, the future a mystery and the present a gift - thats why its called the present" Kung Fu Panda

Offline Gandar

• Bushmaster
    • Full Spectrum Survival
I liked that episode too.  That's the one where the groups children are so easy tempered and barely every cry, isn't it?

Gandar

I hope I'm never in a survival situation; I may just like it's simplicity and decide to stay there.

Offline Woodsman

• Master Scout
While Ive heard alot about it, have never seen the shows myself. What channel does it come on, or is it just on video?

Offline Gandar

• Bushmaster
    • Full Spectrum Survival
Ive only seen it on video lately woodsman.  Check you tube and other video sites, they should have some of him on there..

Offline Bravo

• Administrator
  • Bushmaster
  • Mountains are for the soul
    • http://www.wildsurvive.com
I only seen episodes from the first Season...
"The past is history, the future a mystery and the present a gift - thats why its called the present" Kung Fu Panda