February 21, 2017, 05:21:40 PM

Author Topic: Urban Woman's Bug Out Bag  (Read 20644 times)

Offline hillbillytowing

• Survivalist
Re: Urban Woman's Bug Out Bag
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2010, 02:35:53 PM »
I'd love to build my wife an edc kit but I can't get her to carry her keys and cell phone every where she goes I'm currently working on getting her to buy a purse to carry every where
I may act civilized, but that's just it, an act. Scratch the surface, you find a predator, harm those under my protection, it will be better to face your worst nightmare.

Offline Holly

• Survivorman
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2010, 02:50:20 PM »
Good luck with that, HB.  :grin:  I still have a bad habit of cramming all my stuff in my jeans pockets, then sending my driver's license and bank card through the washing machine and dryer.  And it sure makes a mess when my Cherry Chapstick melts all over everything in the dryer.  :P
"Wherever you go, go with all of your heart." ~ Confucius

Offline hillbillytowing

• Survivalist
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2010, 03:03:29 PM »
Yah I need the all the help I can get witht hat project she has agreed to get a purse now the challenge is finding one shell carry
I may act civilized, but that's just it, an act. Scratch the surface, you find a predator, harm those under my protection, it will be better to face your worst nightmare.

Offline Holly

• Survivorman
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2010, 03:17:36 PM »
I'd recommend one of the "sling" handbags that are made completely of cloth.  They are lightweight, they are comfortable to carry, and they squish down really well into a backpack. 

Wal-Mart has loads of them and they are inexpensive. 

"Wherever you go, go with all of your heart." ~ Confucius

Offline Muddy Pete

• Survivorman
  • SPAMMMMMMMM!
    • Muddy Pete's day off
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2010, 03:48:27 PM »
For Christmas last year my mom wanted a new purse. She wanted a nice sensible ladies hand bag. I wanted her to have something which she could use take out a mugger.

We did compromise with nice leather bag from LL Bean. Well made and sensible but bugout worthy IMO. Skip the stuff from Walmart it tends to be shoddy.

Well we’re gathered together, at the sunrise of never,
To bring witness to the good big sky

Yah jokers, ya con men, ya real estate salesmen  
To bring witness to the day we all die

Wahhhhh, wah, wah-wahh wah-wahh- waaaaaaaaaah

Offline hillbillytowing

• Survivalist
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2010, 04:38:51 PM »
She looking for more along the lines of a small back pack