April 30, 2017, 07:53:00 AM

Author Topic: Test-See how little water you can use to bath on a given day  (Read 6660 times)

Offline nurkerool

• Survivalist
  • Tess' Husband
Re: Test-See how little water you can use to bath on a given day
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 07:02:56 AM »
I've went as long as seven days without a shower.  As Gandar says, in those cases, I've washed those areas that have folds or creases (and it helps to use an antibacterial soap).  I have gone three days not even doing that.  Washing is overrated in a survival situation, unless it's going to be long-term.  The ladies probably can't get the same mileage, as Tess washes up every day no matter what.  I also wouldn't waste water washing hair, even though I have shoulder-length hair, the dirtier and greasier it gets, the easier it is to comb it and get it to stay put out of your face.

I will admit that once you have a chance to get clean again...it does feel good.
"The obsidian flake and the silicon chip are struck by the light of the same campfire that has passed from hand to hand since the human mind began." - George Dyson

No matter where you go....there you are - Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 05:16:01 PM »
Shower, water, bath?  :dontgetit:
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty
If you dont care where you are your never lost
Im a survivor not a victim
Its not who I am but what I do that defines me.

Offline LOST

• Survivalist
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 06:20:24 PM »
Being clean can actually aid in keeping the body warm as well.

Offline SARdoc

• Lookout
  • Whose woods these are I think I know
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2008, 09:47:32 PM »
I spent a month and a half in the Saudi Desert with the British prior to going into Iraq during Desert Storm (Operation Granby) and we were limited on how much water we could use ( about ten gallons a day for three men including drinking water and cooking) I kept a one gallon wash basin for bathing and a five gallon bucket for doing laundry in the HMMV bathing was done something like what Lost posted about every three days and laundry about once a week unless needed sooner. We were moving around a lot so you cooked, bathed and did your laundry when ever you could.

Offline taken by the wind...

• Survivorman
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2008, 10:19:34 PM »
Being clean can actually aid in keeping the body warm as well.

~ Yeah, because when you're clean it's easier to find someone to snuggle with.  :naughty:

Offline Snow Walker

• Administrator
  • Scout
  • "The gaze of the wolf reaches into our soul."
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2011, 03:44:57 AM »
Uh Gandar, I guess you never heard of a G.I. shower....you get 5 seconds to clean up. Oooh Rah! Gotta love the military! Oh, and that's in base camp, when you're out on patrol, don't even think about a shower until you get back. I would spare a pullover sweater in my pack for extra socks. I might have shivered all night long but if you don't have your feet in good repair, you ain't going nowhere!

LOL!  Hey Rocky, we used to turn our underware inside out to get an extra day or two out of them.

You are right about the feet...they are #1!!!!!!
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."   Rudyard Kipling

When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
When the last buffalo falls from the plains,
I will hunt mice.
For I am a hunter and I must have my freedom.

Chief Joseph
Nez Perce Tribe