June 25, 2017, 12:11:59 AM

Author Topic: Campfire Talk  (Read 4774748 times)

Offline Muddy Pete

• Survivorman
  • SPAMMMMMMMM!
    • Muddy Pete's day off
Re: Campfire Talk
« Reply #167960 on: January 11, 2017, 08:37:38 AM »
I was hacking a lung out this morning so I spent the night sitting upright in the lazy boy. It rained this morning and it's 45 degrees and rising. Possible snow for Saturday.  :unsure:
Well we’re gathered together, at the sunrise of never,
To bring witness to the good big sky

Yah jokers, ya con men, ya real estate salesmen  
To bring witness to the day we all die

Wahhhhh, wah, wah-wahh wah-wahh- waaaaaaaaaah

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #167961 on: January 11, 2017, 06:23:35 PM »
are you ok muddy weather here is like a yo-yo it's getting colder again  8|
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.-henry David Thoreau

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #167962 on: January 11, 2017, 09:25:41 PM »
Top wind speed yesterday was 34 mph. Rain off and on. I can pick up my semi auto .22 mag at the gun shop today. I bought a CJ 7 Jeep a couple of days ago and waited for better weather so my mechanic guy drove it out yesterday in the high wind and rain. I have to admit I got an amazing bargain. It has a snow plow. Ill get a picture.

Do you still have your Suzuki Samurai? 
It is not the strong, but the responsive that survive.

“Everyone should believe in something; I believe I’ll go fishing.” –Henry David Thoreau

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #167963 on: January 11, 2017, 09:32:21 PM »
Yes Im going to sell it this spring.  Remember its a total off road vehicle however Ive driven it to town several times and 45 is all I wanted to do. One tire has a flat spot on it when some one pulled some other rock climbing vehicle and slid the tire. That would smooth the ride out a lot. Ill make a list of things on this vehicle. It was built for a rock climber.
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty
If you dont care where you are your never lost
Im a survivor not a victim
Its not who I am but what I do that defines me.

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #167964 on: January 11, 2017, 11:04:08 PM »
Yes Im going to sell it this spring.  Remember its a total off road vehicle however Ive driven it to town several times and 45 is all I wanted to do. One tire has a flat spot on it when some one pulled some other rock climbing vehicle and slid the tire. That would smooth the ride out a lot. Ill make a list of things on this vehicle. It was built for a rock climber.

My  ATV has seen better days. It was a good one till my son ripped the transfer case shaft out of it and in the process cracked the left side engine case. lol That Samurai  would be good transportation around our farm. take the top off in the summer and in the winter you would have some heat and could be enclosed. I might be interested in it. Let me know when you are ready to sell. If the funds are flowing and my new job hasn't closed down lol I may just take it off your hands.

“Everyone should believe in something; I believe I’ll go fishing.” –Henry David Thoreau

Offline Muddy Pete

• Survivorman
  • SPAMMMMMMMM!
    • Muddy Pete's day off
« Reply #167965 on: January 12, 2017, 08:59:44 AM »
are you ok muddy weather here is like a yo-yo it's getting colder again  8|

Phlegm and mucus. I'm feeling better at the moment.

Offline Muddy Pete

• Survivorman
  • SPAMMMMMMMM!
    • Muddy Pete's day off
« Reply #167966 on: January 12, 2017, 09:00:27 AM »
I got in a 2 mile hike yesterday. 8 hours of sleep with the window open. And ate a pizza.

Offline Kentucky Bob

• Man Cave Administrator
  • Survivorman
  • Will work for ammo...
    • 103.9 The Bulldog
« Reply #167967 on: January 12, 2017, 09:30:52 AM »
Howdy folks!  Figured I'd throw a log on the fire and refill that cooler.
"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." - Mark Twain    :cigar: 

"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..."

www.1039thebulldog.com

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #167968 on: January 12, 2017, 06:16:31 PM »
thanks kb  phlem and mucus ug  :puke: got my window open right now went to my bank and then to karls bakery had a m&m cookie and rootbeer while I waited for the bus home cold out  8|
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.-henry David Thoreau

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #167969 on: January 12, 2017, 07:15:38 PM »
Our grand daughter Kristin was flown out of Galesburg tonight to St Francis hospital in Peoria after a miscarriage and uncontrolled bleeding. Shes resting peacefully sedated and blood IV. They cant figure out whats happening and maybe a hysterectomy to fix it but hopes are it wont come to that. Sharen is quite concerned as you can imagine and constant cell phone calls as things evolve.  My Daughter Penny is with her and will spend the night.
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty

Offline Appalachiansurvivor

• Administrator
  • Lookout
« Reply #167970 on: January 12, 2017, 07:30:09 PM »
Prayers for her and your family Swede
“The mind of man can only teach what he has learned from others. It is how you use that knowledge that will decide who you are.”
― Micheal Rivers, Moonlight on the Nantahala

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #167971 on: January 12, 2017, 07:48:42 PM »
saying my prayers swede

Offline oldfatguy

• Administrator
  • Survivorman
  • ...an ever progressing polymathist.
« Reply #167972 on: January 12, 2017, 10:02:14 PM »
You and Sharen are in our thoughts and prayers, Swede.
"If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere."  Vincent Van Gogh

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #167973 on: January 12, 2017, 10:03:28 PM »
Our grand daughter Kristin was flown out of Galesburg tonight to St Francis hospital in Peoria after a miscarriage and uncontrolled bleeding. Shes resting peacefully sedated and blood IV. They cant figure out whats happening and maybe a hysterectomy to fix it but hopes are it wont come to that. Sharen is quite concerned as you can imagine and constant cell phone calls as things evolve.  My Daughter Penny is with her and will spend the night.

She and your entire family are in our thoughts and prayers Swede.

Offline Muddy Pete

• Survivorman
  • SPAMMMMMMMM!
    • Muddy Pete's day off
« Reply #167974 on: January 13, 2017, 08:25:25 AM »

She's in our thoughts and prayers.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #167975 on: January 13, 2017, 06:15:36 PM »
that she is muddy  :arigato: very cold today Washington state is slowly comming out of the deep freeze that what there calling it

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #167976 on: January 13, 2017, 08:48:58 PM »
We went over today with both daughters, grand son and son in law. Kristin is doing better and it looks like they finally got her bleeding stopped. She will remain in intensive care for a while longer and do some testing. Our daughter and son in law are staying over there tonight.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #167977 on: January 14, 2017, 01:04:38 AM »
thanks swede I have been praying for her

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #167978 on: January 14, 2017, 07:32:51 AM »
Good morning! Very foggy here this morning with a temp of 54 degrees right now. We are have really mild temps, but man has it been wet and rainy. Ordered another load of wood from my buddy at the sawmill. As soon as I get it, I will get back started on my cabin. Looking forward to getting it completed. Log on the fire for now! Good day!

Offline Muddy Pete

• Survivorman
  • SPAMMMMMMMM!
    • Muddy Pete's day off
« Reply #167979 on: January 14, 2017, 08:59:25 AM »
I drank 2 non-alcoholic beers last night and they made me sick. There is a lesson to be learned here.