October 24, 2017, 02:49:05 AM

Author Topic: Campfire Talk  (Read 4940246 times)

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
Re: Campfire Talk
« Reply #168320 on: April 20, 2017, 06:08:03 PM »
we got rain and sunshine at the same time  8| good to hear from you nukerool a chat time would be fun rember I am on pacific time zone and muddy is eastern so we have to take that into account  :)
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.-henry David Thoreau

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168321 on: April 21, 2017, 09:47:30 AM »
Laid up today with a very sore back. I can force myself to keep working but my old body says no. Im all caught up on mowing however and I got my John Deere 950 running and hooked up to the mower and mowed the hay shed grass. My mechanic thinks he has my other Ford tractor fixed finally it was quite a fight. Im good at doing nothing and thats what Im going to do today.   :thumbup:
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty
If you dont care where you are your never lost
Im a survivor not a victim
Its not who I am but what I do that defines me.

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Administrator
  • Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #168322 on: April 21, 2017, 01:00:28 PM »
Rain, rain, and more rain. They are forecasting up to 5 inches this weekend, plus what we have already had.  It's making it hard to get anything done outside right now. Grass needs mowed, garden need hoed, metal needs to be put on the cabin roof, etc. etc. Plus this cloudy and gloomy weather just zaps all the energy right out of a person. Log on the fire for now!
It is not the strong, but the responsive that survive.

“Everyone should believe in something; I believe I’ll go fishing.” –Henry David Thoreau

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168323 on: April 21, 2017, 02:42:03 PM »
While looking up omering I found this on google search. It a very old post by Big Blue  (Peter McKinsley) So our information from this web site is still out there   :thumbsup:
http://www.wildsurvive.com/outdoor-camping-forum/index.php?topic=245.0  omering
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168324 on: April 21, 2017, 06:12:45 PM »
kinda laid up myself stress I guess I think I will take a nap with taz   :yawn:
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.-henry David Thoreau

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168325 on: April 21, 2017, 08:09:59 PM »
well didn't take a nap

Offline nurkerool

• Survivalist
  • Tess' Husband
« Reply #168326 on: April 22, 2017, 05:06:13 AM »
Well, I find out that Muddy and us are on the same time, and three hours ahead of survivorgirl...right now at 6:00 am, she's at 3 am.  Let her set the time, and make it the first Saturday of every month.  If this is ok with Swede, that is.  I don't think we should do it in the campfire talk topic, I'd set up a campfire chat reserved for strictly this, or maybe other groups would want to set up different times.  I used to do a lot of this in the old IRC days, and on IRC, sometimes you'd be talking to Russians, English, South Americans, just anywhere in the world.  Funny thing about IRC...sometimes you'd get "lagged", and someone would answer you back 10 to 30 minutes later, when you just thought they missed the question.  Made for a very asynchronous communication.
"The obsidian flake and the silicon chip are struck by the light of the same campfire that has passed from hand to hand since the human mind began." - George Dyson

No matter where you go....there you are - Buckaroo Banzai

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168327 on: April 22, 2017, 06:26:06 PM »
yep 3 hours behind it's about 4:30 here that makes it 7:30 back east well rain today again I can't take this  8|

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Administrator
  • Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #168328 on: April 23, 2017, 06:22:42 AM »
Good morning! Sounds like a good idea Nurkerool. Swede I hope your back is feeling better. We must be going through Dogwood winter here. The temp is in the 40s right now and it has done nothing, but rain here for several days.

“Everyone should believe in something; I believe I’ll go fishing.” –Henry David Thoreau

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168329 on: April 23, 2017, 06:55:56 PM »
sorry to hear about your back swede  :( I have a tiny cold so alot of little naps today  :yawn: tell me about it kw rain again today only had about 2 or 3 days without rain  censored.gif

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168330 on: April 24, 2017, 08:13:54 AM »
I finally got my newest tractor back after major mechanic work on the rear lift hitch. Lots more to do as it had sit for years. Ill get a picture today.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168331 on: April 24, 2017, 06:08:39 PM »
sounds awesome swede  :thumbup: went grocery shopping today nice out but alittly chilly  :)

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Administrator
  • Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #168332 on: April 24, 2017, 06:17:42 PM »
Glad you got your tractor running Swede! Rain seems to have stopped at least for the time being. It's been extremely cloudy all day, but so far the rain has held off.

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168333 on: April 25, 2017, 06:53:18 AM »
Beautiful weather today 52 already. Looks like mowing the front yard today. I need to get out Sharens cub rider its got a flat tire.

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168334 on: April 25, 2017, 11:58:57 AM »
My new addition to the farm 1964 Ford Jubilee 640

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168335 on: April 25, 2017, 06:34:19 PM »
nice cloudy today  :(

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Administrator
  • Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #168336 on: April 26, 2017, 05:44:40 AM »
Nice tractor! The front end loader will be handy! Weather was nice here yesterday. Finally had some dryer weather. Going camping this weekend here on the farm with several buddies. Should be a good time! Log on the fire for now!

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168337 on: April 26, 2017, 06:43:12 AM »
Thanks Woodsman camping pictures? My good neighbor on the north Jeff whos land buts up against mine came through with some mushrooms  scared011.gif  Thanks Jeff!

Offline oldfatguy

• Administrator
  • Survivorman
  • ...an ever progressing polymathist.
« Reply #168338 on: April 26, 2017, 02:30:40 PM »
I like what you're doing with that tractor, Swede. Looks great.
"If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere."  Vincent Van Gogh

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168339 on: April 26, 2017, 06:21:43 PM »
nice trator swede  :thumbsup: rain rain rain I have enough of it  :ranting: :ranting: