November 25, 2017, 03:38:14 AM

Author Topic: Campfire Talk  (Read 4981918 times)

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
Re: Campfire Talk
« Reply #168360 on: May 19, 2017, 09:33:41 AM »
Back swirls of current when the water is cold. Fish along the break in the current for cat fish. In warm water fish under the bubbles that float that is the main current that is why they call them channel cat fish. Cold rain today but at least my sweet corn patch got a good drink.
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty
If you dont care where you are your never lost
Im a survivor not a victim
Its not who I am but what I do that defines me.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168361 on: May 19, 2017, 05:53:19 PM »
warm today walked to fred meyers to get my meds go to the docs tomorrow
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.-henry David Thoreau

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Administrator
  • Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #168362 on: May 19, 2017, 07:05:52 PM »
Today was pretty much a total bust. Stormed most of the day. Sun finally did come out, but everything is still wet and soggy and the creeks and rivers are up from all the rain. Just wasn't meant to be today I guess. Still got two days left of this long weekend and I am in desperate need to get away and do something. I went from traveling all the time the last several years to not going anywhere other than here at the house or our place at the lake in the last year and half. I am really feeling the need to get away somewhere and see some new dirt. It's hard on a rambler when he doesn't get to ramble.
It is not the strong, but the responsive that survive.

“Everyone should believe in something; I believe I’ll go fishing.” –Henry David Thoreau

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168363 on: May 20, 2017, 01:03:55 AM »
thats to bad kw
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.-henry David Thoreau

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168364 on: May 20, 2017, 08:46:10 AM »
Arent you working any where Chris?  Lots of rain this morning. That should be more then enough to sprout my sweet corn.
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Administrator
  • Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #168365 on: May 20, 2017, 10:48:56 AM »
Arent you working any where Chris?  Lots of rain this morning. That should be more then enough to sprout my sweet corn.

Yeah I am working, but there is no travel involved at all with this job. I am pretty much here in the county all the time now. My wife travels all over the US and I am stuck right here in a 20 mile radius of the house most all the time nowadays. Shoot we haven't even taken a vacation in nearly 2 years now. I love our home and farm, but I definitely need a short change of scenery right now. lol

“Everyone should believe in something; I believe I’ll go fishing.” –Henry David Thoreau

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168366 on: May 20, 2017, 06:38:04 PM »
went to the docs everything is fine just a med check   :thumbup:

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168367 on: May 21, 2017, 07:16:38 AM »
Mo mowing today and were caught up. Im going to try to get my cycle mower on the 52-10 John Deere today. It can be dangerous  :O  Down right cold again today.

Offline Muddy Pete

• Survivorman
  • SPAMMMMMMMM!
    • Muddy Pete's day off
« Reply #168368 on: May 21, 2017, 10:44:50 AM »
Hey kids,

I did a 28 mile bike ride on Thursday. Space Ace and I are still working on his plane. It's coming together slowly. Then his parents are getting divorced. Mom's lap top died in a puff of smoke last night so this morning I am buying her a new lap top. Drama, drama, drama.

Well we’re gathered together, at the sunrise of never,
To bring witness to the good big sky

Yah jokers, ya con men, ya real estate salesmen  
To bring witness to the day we all die

Wahhhhh, wah, wah-wahh wah-wahh- waaaaaaaaaah

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168369 on: May 21, 2017, 04:27:23 PM »
Divorced? No wonder shes with you most of the time.  :P  Big day yesterday birthday for our Marine.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168370 on: May 21, 2017, 06:21:18 PM »
wow happy b day marine  :salute:  oh no a divorce thats to bad  :( warm today did very little packing

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168371 on: May 22, 2017, 07:04:28 AM »
Ive been dreading hooking on to my cycle mower its a bitch sometimes but the weeds are getting out of control along our lane and around the pond. So I guess today is the day.  :'(

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168372 on: May 22, 2017, 06:01:51 PM »
warm today 69 here   8| went grocery shopping and my little cart broke :curse: so I had to carry my grocery's to the bus stop and back home  censored.gif then my cart fell on the ground and now it opens again just when I got home  :ranting:

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168373 on: May 23, 2017, 08:09:44 AM »
I had to call bottom dweller Dave to come up and help me hook up the mower but I got the weeds mowed on the pond dam and the road side and around the pond. It looks great. Cold rain today again this is the coldest spring I can remember.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168374 on: May 23, 2017, 06:15:27 PM »
warm again today 64 and very brezzy  8| packed my books today  :)

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Administrator
  • Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #168375 on: May 23, 2017, 08:11:38 PM »
Rain is about all it does here anymore. Down right chilly too. I guess it could be worse, we could be having the droughts that they are having Florida right now. Man I am sick of rain though.

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168376 on: May 24, 2017, 06:56:42 AM »
Ive got several jobs to get done today after sitting watching it rain for two days. The Amish should be here today to finish our roof and get their trailers out of my lot so I can move around. The sweet corn looks like a good % sprouted now we need some warm sunshine.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168377 on: May 24, 2017, 06:02:43 PM »
back to normal washington weather  :( took it easy today  :yawn:

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Administrator
  • Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #168378 on: May 24, 2017, 07:51:36 PM »
Rain, rain, and more rain.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168379 on: May 25, 2017, 01:05:42 AM »
welcome to my world do you feel soggy yet