November 25, 2017, 03:34:29 AM

Author Topic: Campfire Talk  (Read 4981913 times)

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
Re: Campfire Talk
« Reply #168560 on: July 14, 2017, 06:34:44 PM »
sounds like fun muddy kayaking  :thumbup: swede you need farm hands  :thumbup:  just got back from the store walk there  gen165.gif took the bus back I bought some vitta water but couldn't open the lid so I just exchanged it for one that I could but I ask the costomer service lady if that was alright I didn't want to beep going out  8|
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.-henry David Thoreau

Offline SGH

• Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168561 on: July 15, 2017, 05:20:13 AM »
First Saturday I haven't been home since I went back to trucking but  I'm on my way home now

Swede I was in east Peoria for awhile yesterday making sure the lowes  had plenty of cypress mulch

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168562 on: July 15, 2017, 07:51:18 AM »
SGH trucking is nearly an impossible life to live. Sharen and I are going to mow the camp fire pasture with the riders. Im going to go slow and steady to save my back as well as possible and Sharen has arthritis pain in her hip so slow and steady today. 60 here right now so good temps to keep the air cooled motors cool but theres going to be dew in the grass till later today but we aint waiting.
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty
If you dont care where you are your never lost
Im a survivor not a victim
Its not who I am but what I do that defines me.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168563 on: July 15, 2017, 06:19:08 PM »
sounds like a plan swede  :thumbup: did alittle packing not much  :thumbup: my crohns is acting up I feel all tight a crampy  8|
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.-henry David Thoreau

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Administrator
  • Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #168564 on: July 16, 2017, 06:47:54 AM »
Good morning, Been in Texas the last few days visiting my new grandson, daughter, and son in law. I am sure digging this grandpa gig. Also got out Saturday morning and did some kayak fishing on the San Gabriel River with my son and a friend from down there. caught a couple of nice smallmouth and had an awesome breakfast on the river bank. Now its back to the real world for me tomorrow.
It is not the strong, but the responsive that survive.

“Everyone should believe in something; I believe I’ll go fishing.” –Henry David Thoreau

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168565 on: July 16, 2017, 07:21:02 AM »
Highs near 100 all week  :help:  Sharen is going to make home made ice cream tomorrow maybe today we have to go to the store.
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168566 on: July 16, 2017, 06:34:51 PM »
yum homemade ice cream   :hugegrin:

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168567 on: July 16, 2017, 08:54:30 PM »
KW if you come up this fall Ill give you this gps drone Im getting out

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Administrator
  • Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #168568 on: July 18, 2017, 07:46:42 PM »
I am sure hoping to make it Swede. I spoke with KB about making the trip last week. We both will just have to see how our work schedules plays out, but we both want to be there. That's a sweet looking drone and I appreciate you offering to give it to me, but I promise you don't have to give it to me to get me to come. I really want to attend anyway.

“Everyone should believe in something; I believe I’ll go fishing.” –Henry David Thoreau

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168569 on: July 19, 2017, 06:50:38 AM »
No  Chris Im getting too old for a lot of things and my health isnt the best so Im getting rid of things I wont be using again. Ive got a garage full of survival stuff and I could get a table at a gun show but thats too much work then end up bringing stuff back home.My back is getting better I some how aggravated my sciatic nerve probably from all the mowing we do.   

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168570 on: July 19, 2017, 06:24:42 PM »
I have the same prob with my nerve I think it's from that fall I took  8|

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Administrator
  • Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #168571 on: July 20, 2017, 05:32:34 PM »
Wheeewww! It feels like a tropical rain forest here right now with all the heat and humidity. It's that time of year you get in from work and feel like you should just collapse on the couch till bed time. Between the high humidity and heat indexes of 105. It makes perfect conditions for  heat exhaustion or heat stroke.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168572 on: July 20, 2017, 06:05:18 PM »
oh dear kw cloudy but humid today

Offline Muddy Pete

• Survivorman
  • SPAMMMMMMMM!
    • Muddy Pete's day off
« Reply #168573 on: July 21, 2017, 10:58:33 AM »
It's been 90 and humid all week. I took the bus to Barnegat on Wednesday afternoon and missed my PM return bus. The next bus came at 1:20 AM Thursday morning. The connecting bus from AC to Cape may Courthouse didn't leave until AC 4:20 AM. I got off the bus in Courthouse at 5:00 AM and hoofed it the rest of the way home with the sun coming up. Yesterday afternoon I got back on the bus yesterday after and went to visit my buddy. I go home at 1100 PM. I almost slept outside on the deck because the airconditioning was making me sick.

Wharton State forest has a 1000 acre fire burning and when the wind shifts, we can smell it.   
Well we’re gathered together, at the sunrise of never,
To bring witness to the good big sky

Yah jokers, ya con men, ya real estate salesmen  
To bring witness to the day we all die

Wahhhhh, wah, wah-wahh wah-wahh- waaaaaaaaaah

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168574 on: July 21, 2017, 06:54:37 PM »
muddy what a adventure  8| did you get any sleep on the bus  :yawn: I am tickered today had to go to the pharmacy twice this week I know it's no big deal but if you take the bus there and back it wears me out   :yawn:

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #168575 on: July 22, 2017, 07:06:53 AM »
Lots of rain and thunder here this morning were going to have record crops this year.Our sweet corn patch is doing well so far. Farmers market this morning but I dont know if they will have it in the rain.

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Administrator
  • Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #168576 on: July 22, 2017, 08:31:00 PM »
Good evening. Finished mowing grass  today and gathered some corn, zucchini, and peppers out of the garden. My garden is withering away with all this heat. Spent last weekend in Texas. so its good to be home, but its been one of those crazy weekends where nothing seems to go the way you expected it to go. I sure hope tomorrow is better.

Offline Muddy Pete

• Survivorman
  • SPAMMMMMMMM!
    • Muddy Pete's day off
« Reply #168577 on: July 23, 2017, 08:54:39 AM »
Humid here. Not as bad as it was for the last few days. Next week starts the big three check in weekends and then we are over the hump. 
Well we’re gathered together, at the sunrise of never,
To bring witness to the good big sky

Yah jokers, ya con men, ya real estate salesmen  
To bring witness to the day we all die

Wahhhhh, wah, wah-wahh wah-wahh- waaaaaaaaaah

Offline KentuckyWoodsman

• Administrator
  • Survivalist
  • Keeping a low profile
« Reply #168578 on: July 23, 2017, 04:17:00 PM »
It was an exciting morning here at the house. I woke up this morning rolled out of bed and stepped right on a big black rat snake(In the house!). I guess I said a few choice words as the snake squirmed and wriggled trying to get away and my wife ask what on earth was wrong. So I told here! All I heard was running out of the bedroom.  It took me nearly 5 minutes to find her sitting on the back of the couch in the living room. lol I then proceeded to catching the snake and took it outside to turn loose. I started to kill it, but ended just letting it go. Please don't tell my wife. lol  Like I said it was an exciting morning.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #168579 on: July 23, 2017, 06:14:03 PM »
sounds like it kw did a little bit more packing today