December 17, 2017, 07:13:14 PM

Author Topic: Survival Podcasts  (Read 3585 times)

Offline Watcherofthewoods

• Survivorman
Survival Podcasts
« on: August 04, 2008, 06:31:45 PM »
Here is one for you Ipod people out there

http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/ download it, upload to your Ipod, and your good to go. I have about 100 Podcasts downloading onto Itunes right now lol.

This one is a very good podcast, about 30 minutes long on average, great info.
Complain less, breathe more.

It isn't until man is quiet that nature will speak.

In the silence and solitude of the night is when you truely find yourself.

• Survivorman
Re: Survival Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 01:38:21 PM »
Finally getting a chance to listen to a lot of these, they are well worth the listen!!!!

You don't have to have an Ipod or anything to listen, just go to the site and click on the show you want to listen to. 

Offline Joezilla

• Tenderfoot
    • Woodsmonkey
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 06:48:22 PM »
woodsmonkey.com has some audio interviews if you really enjoy these. check 'em out
"All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it." ~ Samuel Butler

www.woodsmonkey.com

Offline tsegura

• Master Tracker
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 07:04:45 AM »
found this on i tunes a few weeks ago , the host is Bob Mayne , very informative , he covers alot of different survival aspects , http://www.todayssurvival.com/?page_id=10

Offline tsegura

• Master Tracker
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 07:06:07 AM »
IT also has a forum too , it's a fairly new site http://www.todayssurvival.com/forum/index.php

Offline Holly

• Survivorman
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 09:51:40 AM »
Great links, tsegura!
"Wherever you go, go with all of your heart." ~ Confucius

Offline Rockhounder

• Survivorman
  • Corduroy pillows are making headlines!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 08:38:38 PM »
LOL! Survival podcasts??? I have this mental image of this guy lost in the woods with cell service and the blogs go like this...

day 1: Uh, don't know where I am, but hey, change is good.
day 2: It was cold last night, still don't know where I am. Getting hungry though
day 3: Ok, really hungry, drank some brown water, bad idea. PS, pine needles are NOT a substitute for toilet paper. FYI.
day 4: AHHHHHHHH!!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE FIND ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
day 5: can't ......go.......on.......need.........water........
day 6: something is moving out there, branches breaking...WOW! That's a REALLY BIG BEA......................................................
day 7:................................................................................
SARCHASM: (n.) The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Offline Todays Survival Show

• Tenderfoot
    • Today's Survival Show
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 10:25:36 AM »
This is funny rockhounder   :grin:  Perhaps I'll do a show like that.  Anyway, thanks for the mention tsegura.  I try to keep my show very practical, short episodes and based on common sense.  I'm no expert but like to communicate good ideas.  You should get a little something out of each episode and it only takes 30 minutes of your time.

I like to turn my car into a University on wheels so to speak.  Instead of listening to the garbage on the news radio, I like to listen to other podcasts that are educational.   I also use some of my windshield time to talk about survival and preparedness info.  Glad I found this forum and I intend to contribute as much as I can.

Thanks,
Bob Mayne
Today's Survival Show
http://www.todayssurvival.com)

Offline Rockhounder

• Survivorman
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 10:43:16 AM »
Hi Bob, glad to see you here and looking forward to any of your contributions. I like what you say about your car as a university. I just got done listening to ALL of Bill Brysons "History of Nearly Everything". That's exactly what keeps me interested is feeding my brain tidbits of EVERYTHING. It sounds like you do this on a practical scale and narrow it down on survival aspects.

Now I have to figure out what the heck a podcast is, I'm technologically "slow".

Welcome aboard Bob!

Rocky
SARCHASM: (n.) The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Offline Rockhounder

• Survivorman
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 10:47:20 AM »
This is networking in its truest form, I just signed up for your podcasts Bob, now I need a "pod" to cast. Hmmmmm, maybe I can whittle one from beechwood. :P

• Tenderfoot
    • Today's Survival Show
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 11:39:47 AM »
A podcast is simply an audio file that most people listen to on a device like an ipod or mp3 player.  That's  where the "pod" in the name comes from I guess.  Anyway, you can listen to my show on your computer.  Just click on the .mp3 link or the play button in every post and it will start playing on your computer!  Right click it and you can save it to your hard drive. 

Remember, I'm no expert, just a piece of conduit that let's information flow and I try to put it together to spur people to take action.  My goal is to give you at least one good survival idea each episode.  I take a different approach.   More of a positive, no nonsense, common sense with no paranoia or conspiracy thinking.

We spend so much time in our cars and behind our computers.  I prefer to make that time as educational as possible.

Thanks for the comments!

Offline Rockhounder

• Survivorman
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 01:25:49 PM »
Ah! I've been edumacated! Actually, I think I have an ipod nano laying around some where collecting dust, but I'd rather copy it and burn to cd and listen to it as I'm on the road half of my work day.

Bob, none of us here are really experts, that's why we've created this community of bushcraft enthusiasts so that we could all learn a little bit from each other and share the skills each individual may possess. Really looking forward to hearing your material!

And I agree with you regarding spending as much "educational" time as we can while engaging in menial activity (i.e. driving, walking, resting...). The mind is an endless abyss, you can let it remain empty, or choose to fill it as best you can.

Looking forward to listening to your material Bob. I think I speak for the majority here too.

• Tenderfoot
    • Today's Survival Show
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 05:46:44 PM »
Thanks, I just posted an intro in the appropriate thread.  I'm on iTunes for you ipod users, just search Today's Survival Show on iTunes.  You'll find it.  I'll post in some other subjects later tonight.  I have some thoughts to share.

Offline Rockhounder

• Survivorman
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 06:56:29 PM »
 :thumbup: We'll be here!

Offline antagonizer

• Master Tracker
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 10:12:09 AM »
I've had a chance to visit your site, todays survival show guy, and it's pretty informative and definitely valuable.  I did notice there was a trend, tho, that focused heavily on gun use.  Now, as any of the folks here know, I firmly believe in guns. To me a gun is no different than a knife in that it's just a tool.  What did attract my attention is that there was a definite focus on where the guns were being....well, pointed.  There seemed to be a heavy focus on concealed weapons, self defense, etc. More often than not, conversation focused on guns being pointed at people rather than at game.

I guess I'm just curious what your position is on that?  I'm definitely not calling you out here, just interested which side your bread's buttered so I  can form an informed opinion.
"Aut Viam Invenium Aut Faciam"  - Hannibal of Carthage

"Memento Te Esse Mortalum" - Epitaph on gravestone in Salem Mass.

Offline Bravo

• Administrator
  • Bushmaster
  • Mountains are for the soul
    • http://www.wildsurvive.com
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 01:44:19 PM »
Todays Survival Show - thanks for joining us. I can't wait to listen to some of these podcasts - seems like a cool idea.
"The past is history, the future a mystery and the present a gift - thats why its called the present" Kung Fu Panda

Offline razor sharp

• Survivorman
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 09:19:40 PM »
I did some Demos for the first survival podcast region 6 gathering (bow drill fire, wild edible and medicinal plants and some shooting skills training) just from the people there and being on that forum for a while i have to say they are split in half. about 50% of them are just down to earth good people that want to learn from each other, and the other half are wayyyy out there shtf tin hat gun freaks. (take no offence please, i am a gun freak also :)
Those that give up liberty for safety deserve neither.

i dont know which i like better, a sunrise or a sunset, but any day i get to see both is a good day.

The more you know.....the less you need

• Survivorman
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 09:56:05 AM »
Anyone listened to TSP (The Survival Podcast) lately?  I think he's gotten a little out there, but if you filter through there was some really good info.  Good to hear something that's not just the current info flow like the news...