January 19, 2017, 03:29:30 PM

Author Topic: Man, Woman Wild  (Read 4736 times)

Offline Machine

• Moderator Admin
  • Survivalist
Man, Woman Wild
« on: July 06, 2010, 08:46:26 AM »
Not sure if anyone has seen the previews, but Discovery has another "survival" show coming out next week.  It is called Man, Woman Wild.  It has Myke Hawke and his wife (I think) out in survival situations.  It looks kind of interesting.  Myke has some decent skills from what I have seen (which I have only seen a few things).  Check it out.  It is on before Dual Survival (I THINK). 

Pretty sure it is:

July 16th at 9:00ET on Discovery
Campfire Chat ADVICE: PLEASE refrain from extended discussion that pertains to topics posted in other forums. Discussion of those specific topics should be posted in their respective topic threads so all members can see, and for later reference. Replies breaking this rule will be copied or moved. Lets not turn this forum in a simple chatroom.

smallgamehunter

Re: Man, Woman Wild
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 10:03:12 AM »
i think they should of put myke hawke and dave canterbury together for dual survival since there mindsets and skill sets both come from years of military training

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 08:25:36 PM »
yea I heard about it going to give it a try but I heard she argues all the time we'll see :argue:
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.-henry David Thoreau

Offline Tatonka

• Survivorman
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 01:56:18 PM »
I think they are beating the survival thing to death with all these new shows. They need to do a show that actually shows people how to do things. Not husband and wife arguing in the jungle. Or 2 guys from different walks of life tramping around arguing about whether or not to eat the snakes for food.

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 04:05:46 PM »
Well maybe Tatonka but it sure beats dancing with the stars or repo man.  :yes:
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty
If you dont care where you are your never lost
Im a survivor not a victim
Its not who I am but what I do that defines me.

Offline taken by the wind...

• Survivorman
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 04:11:19 PM »
~ I think they have to balance the information with the stupid stuff to keep the dumbed-down average public interested. They can't make a truly informative show (sadly enough) because not enough people would watch it. Most people are surfing past those shows so fast... it takes some controversy or conflict to draw their twenty-second-attention-spans in.

Offline Machine

• Moderator Admin
  • Survivalist
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 01:20:26 PM »
Good point Taken.  I totally agree.  It is entertainment...that's what most people want.  I honestly liked the show.  I thought it was great how now you have an expert and someone who is basically dragging him down because she doesn't have his skills. It teaches alot right there.  Those of us with bush skills need to keep in mind...if we are in a situation with others who don't....can we take care of us and them if that was the case?  So he has to really step up his game.  Plus the show was FUNNY!  I will keep watching for now.
Campfire Chat ADVICE: PLEASE refrain from extended discussion that pertains to topics posted in other forums. Discussion of those specific topics should be posted in their respective topic threads so all members can see, and for later reference. Replies breaking this rule will be copied or moved. Lets not turn this forum in a simple chatroom.

Offline Machine

• Moderator Admin
  • Survivalist
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 04:41:41 PM »
If anyone missed it you can check it out on YouTube.  Just type Man woman Wild. 

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 08:55:57 PM »
~ I think they have to balance the information with the stupid stuff to keep the dumbed-down average public interested. They can't make a truly informative show (sadly enough) because not enough people would watch it. Most people are surfing past those shows so fast... it takes some controversy or conflict to draw their twenty-second-attention-spans in.

I agree taken  :yes:
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.-henry David Thoreau

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 09:27:33 AM »
It looks like the woman in the wild is carrying an SRK.
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty

Offline Watcherofthewoods

• Survivorman
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 10:20:39 AM »
Is he carrying a Cold Steel Kukri?
Complain less, breathe more.

It isn't until man is quiet that nature will speak.

In the silence and solitude of the night is when you truely find yourself.

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 10:47:44 AM »
Is he carrying a Cold Steel Kukri?
Its a big Kukri and my guess its a Cold Steel because of her SRK is a Cold Steel.

Offline Watcherofthewoods

• Survivorman
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 11:20:51 AM »
Cool beans, I got one of those lol.  Just haven't ever really taken it out to use it, I should some time so it doesn't get sad.
Complain less, breathe more.

It isn't until man is quiet that nature will speak.

In the silence and solitude of the night is when you truely find yourself.

Offline Jemarque1

• Tenderfoot
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 11:21:34 AM »
I liked the Batswana episode. They had their own gater killing scene like in DS. When they got that leg and hung it up in a tree, it was obvious that they hung it to low. The height of it didnt even go over his head. How ever important your food is to you, thats how high you should hang it. But i have a feeling that they hung it low on purpose so they could have an extra hunting scene.
Let me tell you a story.I once knew person,a dashing, handsome young man,with a promising career,but one day,through no fault of his own,he found himself exiled and alone with nowhere to turn.But did he give up?No.He struck upon a brilliant plan.Instead of fleeing for the rest of his life,he sought shelter in the one place no one expected him to go: in the stronghold of one of his peoples most hated enemies.There,against the merciless logic of the universe itself,he thrived.And the moral of the story is,never underestimate my gift for survival.

Offline Tatonka

• Survivorman
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 04:37:43 PM »
Yes that wasn't the brightest move they made hanging the meat so close to the ground.

• Survivorman
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 05:07:23 PM »
~ Ok, when I was on vacation, I watched a mini-marathon of this show (Friday night). They were in Africa in one episode, and I thought it was pretty good. (At least they didn't squeeze the water out of elephant dung.)

I totally wouldn't have walked up to that freshly killed wildebeest though.  :nono:

I know they were hungry, but lions hunt in groups, and I don't know if their spears would've protected them from several female lions, or a couple of males fighting for their food. That wasn't smart. They might could keep a lion at bay in front of them, but at the same time, they also attack from behind...  They're good at it.

I guess they never saw the movie Out of Africa...   :whistle: 

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 05:49:11 PM »
I just can't get into this show :/

• Survivorman
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 06:03:44 PM »
~ here's an interesting video of how a lion acts when you happen upon it eating. THESE hunters have guns...  NOT sticks sharpened into spears.  :whistle:

To be fair though...  the lion didn't really get pissed off until they attacked it.  :nono:

Offline Jemarque1

• Tenderfoot
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 09:11:48 PM »
~ here's an interesting video of how a lion acts when you happen upon it eating. THESE hunters have guns...  NOT sticks sharpened into spears.  :whistle:

To be fair though...  the lion didn't really get pissed off until they attacked it.  :nono:

This is why i don't trust rifles against bears. I want a frigging hunting pistol hand cannon. Lion or a Bear knocks you down and gets on top of you your not getting that rifle back up.
Let me tell you a story.I once knew person,a dashing, handsome young man,with a promising career,but one day,through no fault of his own,he found himself exiled and alone with nowhere to turn.But did he give up?No.He struck upon a brilliant plan.Instead of fleeing for the rest of his life,he sought shelter in the one place no one expected him to go: in the stronghold of one of his peoples most hated enemies.There,against the merciless logic of the universe itself,he thrived.And the moral of the story is,never underestimate my gift for survival.

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 09:48:16 PM »
The only reason that lion didnt kill that guy is because his last shot just before the loin went for him went right into his mouth and out the back of his head. Their lucky they didnt kill each other as shots were skipping between them.

I have to say I found this video disturbing (I saw it a couple of years ago) as my heart went out for the lion.Cats are cats no matter how big they are.