June 25, 2017, 12:08:28 AM

Author Topic: Man, Woman Wild  (Read 4874 times)

Offline taken by the wind...

• Survivorman
Re: Man, Woman Wild
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 10:30:33 PM »
~ It disturbed me too, Swede...  I was totally pulling for the lion. Those are Trophy hunters. They aren't eating that Lion. I'm not in favor of that kind of hunt. I imagine though... that the price they have to pay to hunt big game in Africa might go a little bit towards the preservation of National Parks there, but there are just as many people willing to throw their money down just to see a Big Cat in the wild (without feeling the need to kill it.)

Offline Kentucky Bob

• Man Cave Administrator
  • Survivorman
  • Will work for ammo...
    • 103.9 The Bulldog
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 11:18:08 AM »
The only reason that lion didnt kill that guy is because his last shot just before the loin went for him went right into his mouth and out the back of his head. Their lucky they didnt kill each other as shots were skipping between them.

I have to say I found this video disturbing (I saw it a couple of years ago) as my heart went out for the lion.Cats are cats no matter how big they are.

~ It disturbed me too, Swede...  I was totally pulling for the lion. Those are Trophy hunters. They aren't eating that Lion. I'm not in favor of that kind of hunt. I imagine though... that the price they have to pay to hunt big game in Africa might go a little bit towards the preservation of National Parks there, but there are just as many people willing to throw their money down just to see a Big Cat in the wild (without feeling the need to kill it.)

I agree, when I first saw this video at first I was pissed for the lion and then I was amazed that they didn't kill each other trying to shoot him.  Then I was pissed for the lion again.  Unless the cat is a proven trouble maker (eating kids, etc) or they are a genuine threat it just bugs me to see them killed.

Maybe you've seen this clip, at least this leopard gets in a couple of licks:

As for the show, I've only seen the Botswana episode so far. 
"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." - Mark Twain    :cigar: 

"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..."

www.1039thebulldog.com

Offline Jemarque1

• Tenderfoot
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 01:17:28 AM »
I do not mind hunting as long as you plan to eat it, and its legal. But one thing I have noticed is that many pansy hunters expect animals to just give up and die. I hate it when hunters get pissed off when the animal that they tried to kill attacks back. Listening to that guy swear "Mother F@#$%*" after the leopard attacked him, i was like what did you expect him to do, roll over and die for you, your trying to kill him for Christ sakes. Last i checked animals don't want to die and will do whatever it takes to survive. He sure squealed like a lil B!@#$ when the leopard hit him.  All predators may fight back, even male deer may fight back. If ever I hunt I will always realize that what I'm hunting may fight back and it is his God given right to do so.
Let me tell you a story.I once knew person,a dashing, handsome young man,with a promising career,but one day,through no fault of his own,he found himself exiled and alone with nowhere to turn.But did he give up?No.He struck upon a brilliant plan.Instead of fleeing for the rest of his life,he sought shelter in the one place no one expected him to go: in the stronghold of one of his peoples most hated enemies.There,against the merciless logic of the universe itself,he thrived.And the moral of the story is,never underestimate my gift for survival.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 07:22:41 PM »
your absolutly right
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.-henry David Thoreau

Offline Tatonka

• Survivorman
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2010, 05:20:02 AM »
Well Alaska gave Ruth and Myke a beating. As Myke said Alaska can and will kill the unprepared. People up here don't travel places without some survival gear if they know better. It's usually the Cheechakos that end up in trouble.

I find myself watching this show more now. It has been pretty good for the most part.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 08:34:23 PM »
has it
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.-henry David Thoreau