September 19, 2017, 12:18:47 PM

Author Topic: The Colony Season 2  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Jemarque1

• Tenderfoot
The Colony Season 2
« on: July 27, 2010, 05:21:07 PM »
It starts tonight. The same guy posting Dual Survival and Man Woman Wild is posting episodes of The Colony as well on Youtube. I expect that to be up tomorrow.
Let me tell you a story.I once knew person,a dashing, handsome young man,with a promising career,but one day,through no fault of his own,he found himself exiled and alone with nowhere to turn.But did he give up?No.He struck upon a brilliant plan.Instead of fleeing for the rest of his life,he sought shelter in the one place no one expected him to go: in the stronghold of one of his peoples most hated enemies.There,against the merciless logic of the universe itself,he thrived.And the moral of the story is,never underestimate my gift for survival.

Offline Jemarque1

• Tenderfoot
Re: The Colony Season 2
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 12:00:51 PM »
I'm thinking George is a total douchebag. I can tolerate ass holes who are hard workers, I can love ass holes who are harder workers and have skills. But if your an ass hole and lazy, Ill kick your sorry but out. Mike from last season, was an ass hole but worked hard and showed he had valuble skills, despite his early attitude the other colonists knew they needed him, and the viewing audience respected him. George is lazy and thinks he is better than everyone. If I was there I would show George who was the alpha male real quick. The only reason why they lost those batteries was because George was to lazy to carry even one of them.

They made another mistake by not skinning and eatting the snake they killed. End of the world, you have to take advantage of every resource you get.

Overall I think this season is less personal and more distant observation based than the last season. Not sure I like the setup, but we will see how it goes.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 01:31:40 PM by Jemarque1 »
Let me tell you a story.I once knew person,a dashing, handsome young man,with a promising career,but one day,through no fault of his own,he found himself exiled and alone with nowhere to turn.But did he give up?No.He struck upon a brilliant plan.Instead of fleeing for the rest of his life,he sought shelter in the one place no one expected him to go: in the stronghold of one of his peoples most hated enemies.There,against the merciless logic of the universe itself,he thrived.And the moral of the story is,never underestimate my gift for survival.

Offline Kentucky Bob

• Man Cave Administrator
  • Survivorman
  • Will work for ammo...
    • 103.9 The Bulldog
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 08:00:59 AM »
I didn't watch last season, but I watched the first episode this season.  I agree, George needs to get motivated or get out. 

These guys have no sense of how to provide security.  If that mob had wanted to they could have taken every last supply the Colonists had.  They stored their supplies on the second floor which was a good start, but they missed a golden opportunity.  That stairwell was the point they should have fortified, made it into a "fatal funnel".  Just two or three people at the top of those stairs with spears and shields could have kept the marauders out despite the numbers.  It'll be interesting to see what sort of plan they come up with next.
"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." - Mark Twain    :cigar: 

"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..."

www.1039thebulldog.com

Offline hillbillytowing

• Survivalist
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 12:08:21 PM »
I saw part of season one and thought it was a good show haven't seen season 2 because I'm at work when its on I'm trying tot alk the wife into buyinmg season one
I may act civilized, but that's just it, an act. Scratch the surface, you find a predator, harm those under my protection, it will be better to face your worst nightmare.

Offline Jemarque1

• Tenderfoot
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 01:59:35 PM »
I have a thread under Urban Survival that has a link to every episode for season 1.

http://www.wildsurvive.com/outdoor-camping-forum/index.php/topic,4090.0.html

if a link is not working post it here ill find anothe for ya

Offline Holly

• Survivorman
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 05:14:37 PM »
Thank you, Jemarque1!
"Wherever you go, go with all of your heart." ~ Confucius

Offline Tatonka

• Survivorman
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 02:47:55 PM »
George is the weak link in that group. It is interesting as to how many contractors they have this time and no one came up with ways of providing security for the shelter. They have all the supplies around them to fortify their surroundings.

Offline Jemarque1

• Tenderfoot
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 01:30:59 PM »
Making bio-fuel out of rotting pig carcasses to run a tractor desiel engine. Thats a new one. But it worked. Seeing from both seasons how they keep finding new ways to generate power, I am confident that in a Global Catastrophic Event that the science of energy generation will endure.

Offline Tatonka

• Survivorman
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 02:45:06 PM »
People on farms have been using Biofuels for years in places. But it was good to see them think.