May 23, 2017, 07:31:12 PM

Author Topic: Wild Garlic  (Read 1360 times)

Offline mistwalker

• Raconteur
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
Wild Garlic
« on: May 18, 2012, 11:31:36 AM »
Gathered some wild garlic and wild carrots yesterday.

Wild garlic.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:10:54 PM by mistwalker »

Not all who wander are lost

Offline razor sharp

• Survivorman
Nice find mist.  :thumbup:
Those that give up liberty for safety deserve neither.

i dont know which i like better, a sunrise or a sunset, but any day i get to see both is a good day.

The more you know.....the less you need

Offline mistwalker

• Raconteur
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
Nice find mist.  :thumbup:

That area is loaded with it right now. I saw hundreds if not thousands yesterday. I never realized it and always thought they were onions. Now I'm figuring out that the onion chives die off and wither away after about march or april and the garlic pops up. My property has a lot of wild onions on it when there up and search as I might I can't find any right now. I'm harvesting a bunch of the garlic and saving it before it withers away, and saving seed heads later, and I'm going to transplant some of the bulbs to my land. I'm thinking the onions will be up and flowering about the time the garlic is withering. It has a mild flavor, not like grocery store garlic...I can eat this straight out of the ground. Or, it may get stronger as it dries...I'll know more about that later.

Offline Hiker

• Tracker
Mist... Do yours grow in a curly Q type shape?  That's what they do here, I'm just curious if it's the same.
A country boy can survive....

Offline mistwalker

• Raconteur
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
Mist... Do yours grow in a curly Q type shape?  That's what they do here, I'm just curious if it's the same.

Some, but not many of them.