January 16, 2017, 08:56:14 AM

Author Topic: Sugar Hackberry  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
Sugar Hackberry
« on: December 05, 2012, 02:07:20 PM »
Sugar Hackberry

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty
If you dont care where you are your never lost
Im a survivor not a victim
Its not who I am but what I do that defines me.

Offline Doro22

• Survivalist
Re: Sugar Hackberry
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 12:29:22 PM »
Ok...What about this Sugar Hacberry? Arent you gonna tell something about it???? This inquiring mind wants to know :hugegrin:
Never regret anything that makes you happy, and have a wonderful journey.

Offline Watcherofthewoods

• Survivorman
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 01:05:24 PM »
Whats up with the funny picture Swede?
Complain less, breathe more.

It isn't until man is quiet that nature will speak.

In the silence and solitude of the night is when you truely find yourself.

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 04:48:26 PM »
Sugarberry is native to the southeastern part of the United States, ranging south from southeastern Virginia to southern Florida; west to central Texas and including northeastern Mexico; north to western Oklahoma and southern Kansas; and east to Missouri, extreme southern Illinois, and Indiana.

I found this tree growing on the north ridge and I could not identify it so I looked it up. Not commonly found this far north in Illinois. The odd deformity caught my eye. Im guessing this tree is nearly 100 years old and how it got here I have no idea. 
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty
If you dont care where you are your never lost
Im a survivor not a victim
Its not who I am but what I do that defines me.

Offline oldfatguy

• Administrator
  • Survivorman
  • ...an ever progressing polymathist.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 05:10:03 PM »
Sugarberry is native to the southeastern part of the United States, ranging south from southeastern Virginia to southern Florida; west to central Texas and including northeastern Mexico; north to western Oklahoma and southern Kansas; and east to Missouri, extreme southern Illinois, and Indiana.

I found this tree growing on the north ridge and I could not identify it so I looked it up. Not commonly found this far north in Illinois. The odd deformity caught my eye. Im guessing this tree is nearly 100 years old and how it got here I have no idea. 
Obama-care.
"If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere."  Vincent Van Gogh

Offline Sharen

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 07:15:44 AM »
Sugar Hackberry

I could even remember the name of that tree from the way it looks. ;)

Offline Doro22

• Survivalist
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 07:33:48 PM »

Thanks...I think we might have some trees that look like that down in our woods....
Never regret anything that makes you happy, and have a wonderful journey.