July 24, 2017, 11:44:28 PM

Author Topic: My simple, small, light, and cheap, wash basin & laundry tub for camping trips.  (Read 1068 times)

Offline PineMartyn

• Tenderfoot
    • Gone Canoeing: PineMartyn's channel
Whether I'm enjoying a short 2-night backpacking trip or a longer canoe-trip, I consider basic hygiene and cleanliness to be a vital ingredient in health and comfort.  I like having a way to wash myself and my smelly clothing when I'm in the bush.  But when backpacking, it's hard to bring along anything to use as a wash basin or laundry tub, and often one doesn't have access to water for swimming or the water can be too cold to do so safely and enjoyably. 

To this end, I contrived a simple, small, light, inexpensive, bushcrafty way to fashion a wash basin for laundry and bathing when backpacking without having to buy or carry an extra piece of special-purpose gear such as a collapsible sink or folding pot.

Hope this helps,
- Martin
No one has ever been heard to say on a deathbed, "I wish I'd put in more time at the office."

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
Ive actually gathered birch bark to make moose calls. Excellent video and information PineMartin. I appreciate your input into our forum from some one who is out there doing what we do best or try to. Thank you for your informative posting on Wildsurvive.   :arigato:
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty
If you dont care where you are your never lost
Im a survivor not a victim
Its not who I am but what I do that defines me.

Offline PineMartyn

• Tenderfoot
    • Gone Canoeing: PineMartyn's channel
That's very generous praise Swede. Thanks for that.   It's a pleasure to contribute what I can here.  I've slowly been reading through these forums and picking up a lot tips and tricks and information, so it's nice to give something back.

Cheers,
- Martin
No one has ever been heard to say on a deathbed, "I wish I'd put in more time at the office."