February 22, 2017, 02:39:02 AM

Author Topic: Trophy Hunting  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
Trophy Hunting
« on: August 08, 2015, 07:56:59 AM »
While Wildsurvive believes hunting for food is sometimes necessary and the developing of those skills we dont condone trophy hunting for a hobby.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/cecil-the-lion-hunter-theo-bronkhorst-who-helped-dentist-walter-palmer-kill-animal-in-zimbabwe-dismisses-frivolous-case-against-him-10441158.html
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty
If you dont care where you are your never lost
Im a survivor not a victim
Its not who I am but what I do that defines me.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
Re: Trophy Hunting
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 07:23:59 PM »
neither do I
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.-henry David Thoreau

Offline ghost

• Tenderfoot
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 05:59:10 PM »
I don't want to start a fight but the pay hunts over in Africa help the villages some of the money goes to the villages and most of the meat it also keeps down predator and brings in money to some of the people selling suviners
Gibbs rule #9 always carry a knife.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 06:19:27 PM »
yea the trophy hunters keep telling us that but there is not proof they say it's conservation too that is just my opionin
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.-henry David Thoreau

Offline ghost

• Tenderfoot
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 06:29:17 PM »
Lion roast sell for about $2500 to $3100  dealing on weight I have a friend that's owns a bow shop and he filmed the hunts and harvesting of the meat and the distribution of the meat but like I say I am not wanting to fight we all have our own opinion.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 06:37:59 PM »
thats true we do but how are poor villagers supposed to pay for that

Offline SGH

• Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 05:17:09 PM »
the sale of the meat benefits the villages SG a lot of the hunters that go over there donate the meat to the poor for them to sell or they can consume it since its highly illegal to import any meat from game taken in Africa and the parts u can import require a drying period before they can be imported.

ghost I know what u mean I have several friends that go on safari in Africa frequently and spend almost 10,000 dollars to hunt some of the plains game, I myself will stick to deer and turkeys

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 06:34:50 PM »
I will never like trophy hunting it's disgusting

Offline SGH

• Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 06:38:50 PM »
Trophy hunting is pointless to me but I'm not gonna judge the guy looking for a mount for the wall because they don't judge the meat hunters like myself.

Hunting whether it's for meat or for trophy does help keep populations in check so it does benefit the environment

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 06:42:33 PM »
you hunt for food big differece trophy hunters do it for the thrill of the kill how can anyone in there right mind look at a beautiful creature and kill it for the fun of it I don't by the conservation and villiage stuff trophy hunters are taking money away from them the villages would make more money for tours of the live animals just saying

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 06:43:00 PM »
oh yes I am a vegetarian

Offline SGH

• Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 07:09:06 PM »
SG I can agree with you on the taking away the live animal part but hunting contributes a large amount of money to African economy's.

Offline ghost

• Tenderfoot
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 09:00:04 PM »
? What is your take on Fred bear.

Offline SGH

• Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 10:07:01 PM »
Fred bear was a archery innovator

Offline ghost

• Tenderfoot
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2016, 05:34:58 PM »
Yes he was but also hunted all over the world was played to hunt a killer tiger in India

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking

Offline SGH

• Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 07:23:18 PM »
Those are true trophy hunters they shouldn't be considered hunters by any means those guys are in it to kill not hunt it gives hunters everywhere a bad name.

The safari club does alot of conservation in Africa and yes they do condone fenced hunts but a large portion of the money from these trophy safaris goes into the Africa encomy every year to support the conservation efforts and the anti poaching effort.

Good article SG but as a hunter it sickens me to call those people hunters they are killers not hunters in my book

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 08:08:55 PM »
real hunters use all of the animals

Offline ghost

• Tenderfoot
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 09:04:03 PM »
Do you know that the state of Florida pays trappers to trap hogs and kill them and you can't keep any of the meat from them.

Offline SGH

• Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 09:37:10 PM »
Do you know that the state of Florida pays trappers to trap hogs and kill them and you can't keep any of the meat from them.
yes I do that's nuisance trapping though