July 28, 2017, 06:01:19 AM

Author Topic: Where Can I Find A Job  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
Where Can I Find A Job
« on: August 18, 2015, 08:35:14 AM »
As things have changed people are faced with trying to make enough money to support a family and them selves. Lets look at the job market first.

I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty
If you dont care where you are your never lost
Im a survivor not a victim
Its not who I am but what I do that defines me.

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
Re: Where Can I Find A Job
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 08:38:27 AM »
A bar that serves food is a good possibility if you want to own a bar. There should be established businesses in your area for sale.
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty

Offline SGH

• Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 05:24:46 PM »
Transportation jobs are on the rise as well.

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 07:16:10 PM »
Thats right especially over the road drivers that only get home a couple of times a month. Their making a lot more then they were in my day.

Offline SGH

• Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 08:36:44 PM »
Over the road has changed alot there are a few companies that will let u run regional and in certain areas theres home every night companies.

The average over the road driver will now go in making 45-55k a year.

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 09:22:21 AM »
One thing is pretty clear is you cant work for less money then you will need to keep your head above water. How much will you need to live where you are now. How much sacrifice can you make. One of the things most people never think about is how little they're willing to work for. Sure, all of us defined our "It would be great if I could get...", and we know logically what we're worth, and we have a number that we think we'd settle for if it was offered to us, but do you have an absolute minimum? For example, you might want to get $50,000, but you know you're worth $48,000, but you'd probably settle for $45,000 if they offered it to you. Maybe $44,000, if the place seems like there's a chance for advancement. Stop! Don't let yourself talk like that. Don't go job hunting before defining the absolute minimum you're willing to work for, because potential employers might keep trying to haggle you down to well below what you think you're really worth, or what you really want to accept. So for my example, maybe you're hoping for $50,000, but the absolute least you'll work for is $43,000, so $43,000 would be your bottom line.

Offline Docwatmo

• Administrator
  • Survivalist
  • Uruz-Kenaz "Courage from Inner Strength"
    • Average Guy Reviews
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 10:21:45 AM »
Also, look at the opportunity for self employment.  If you have the time and inclination to work for yourself, you may be better off.  Do you have a skill that you can market locally?  Welding, Engine Repair, etc.   Even if you start off just bartering.  "Yeah, I'll weld the chassis on that tractor, but instead of cash, How about 1/2 a pig"  Sometimes barter is more beneficial to bother parties than a cash transaction.

Doc

Father of 3 wonderfull little men, and lucky husband to an amazing woman.
"Thought is action in rehearsal" Sigmund Freud
"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne
http://averageguyreviews.wordpress.com/

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 11:51:10 AM »
Good point Doc. Lots of guys are mowing and landscaping around here. Their making good money this year because of all the rain. Lots of guys doing home remodeling and repair. People have been taking advantage of the home prices to buy up rental properties. Rent is going for $400 a month and up. However renters arent taking very good care of the houses their renting and move out leaving a big mess. There is good opportunity to work for those people repairing properties.

Offline oldfatguy

• Administrator
  • Survivorman
  • ...an ever progressing polymathist.
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 01:27:22 PM »
If you get off your butt and go actively looking for employment, you can find work or create it.  It may not be the best job in the world nor exactly what you are hoping for, but at least you will be doing something while you continue to search for a better opportunity.
"If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere."  Vincent Van Gogh