February 23, 2017, 05:42:22 AM

Author Topic: Lost and Scared but Your Phone Works.  (Read 210 times)

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
Lost and Scared but Your Phone Works.
« on: November 04, 2016, 06:42:17 PM »
First if you have a signal call for help. If there are two or more phones in your group shut them off to save batteries. If you reach some one on the phone tell them where you started from. What direction you left the car or where you parked your car. Tell them to start an areal search and you will listen for a plane. The plane searchers should mark their position and time of day constantly. When you hear a plane call and tell them you heard a plane and give them the time you heard it. Now they know a closer position. The plane should start a search pattern from the new position. When you hear the plane again call and tell them the time you heard it. Now they have an even better location. They will move to that position and start a new search pattern. You may call them now and say we saw the plane and the time. Now they know where you are and a team should be on the way.  :thumbup:
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty
If you dont care where you are your never lost
Im a survivor not a victim
Its not who I am but what I do that defines me.

Offline oldfatguy

• Administrator
  • Survivorman
  • ...an ever progressing polymathist.
Re: Lost and Scared but Your Phone Works.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 02:56:10 AM »
Keep in mind too, that sometimes a text message will go through when a cell call will not.

I use the "Find my Friends" app (with my two sons and wife) so we can find each other when we need to. This requires the phone to be on and to have cell coverage, but it gives a pretty good idea as to where they are. 

An iPhone also has a "Last Known Location" feature.
To enable this, go to Settings --> iCloud --> Find My iPhone --> Send Last Location - turn this slider to on. 
When the battery gets to a critically low level, the location of the phone will be sent to your iCloud account, where the information can then be retrieved and used as a starting point in the search if needed.
"If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere."  Vincent Van Gogh

Offline Swede

• OWNER
  • Administrator
  • Survivorman
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 04:32:29 PM »
Good information Fat Guy   :thumbup:
I hope the war on terror goes better then the war on drugs and the war on poverty
If you dont care where you are your never lost
Im a survivor not a victim
Its not who I am but what I do that defines me.

Offline survivorgirl

• Special Mod
  • Survivorman
  • out hiking
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 06:13:05 PM »
great stuff you guys can you put that on wildsurvive facebook page I want to get that going
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.-henry David Thoreau